Sunday, November 18, 2007

Metal Magnetic Board

So I have a friend who suggested I make something that she could hang in her kitchen to use as a magnet board since her fridge isn't magnetic. This was when I was brainstorming for stuff to sell at the craft show. So here it is. I am giving it to her tomorrow for a late birthday gift and hope she doesn't read this blog entry before I see her in the morning.


It was surprisingly easy to make after found the metal at Home Depot. My dear husband cut the wood in the garage and cutting the metal was so easy....it cut with my regular everyday scissors. I was very surprised about that. I painted it black, used metal glue and used rubons to give it that personal touch. My husband drilled two holes which I threaded thick ribbon through. She can hang it with the ribbon, at least that is what I am thinking.
I love this and think I will make some for Christmas gifts....easy fun and very inexpensive when my husband has all the wood in the garage.
Hope all of you had a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

oh noe! this is so cute! and what a great idea!

you... my friend... are very creative!

Kelsey said...

I'm just looking around online to find out where to get the type of metal you used in this project...I see you got it from Home Depot but I haven't been able to find any. Do you know what it is called or what section it is in? Also, about how much does it cost?

Natural-Nesters said...

What kind of metal is this made with? this is super cute and something I am wanting to do for a bulletin board at work but didn't know what kind of metal to use??

Natural-Nesters said...

I am looking to do something like this for a bulletin board at work....I love what you have done here! what kind of metal is this?