Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Blocks and Sewing (not mine though)


So this is the picture I was trying to upload the last time.....but this time it worked.....obviously.


So these are the blocks I am "in love" with. They are made with my favorite papers and I love that I can make so many phrases with them. I am so happy to share them with everyone. In all there are 15 blocks so sometimes you use them all and sometimes just a few. I try to turn the unused ones to blank sides and use on the ends.


I even love the way they look when they are randomly jumbled together on the table. I am also finding that they are fun for my boys to use for spelling practice. Crafty cute and educational! Never have gotten all of those three things into one of my craft projects before. I love it when that happens.


So today my mother in law was here sewing. I wish I could sew. I love the patterns. I love to walk through a fabric store and touch fabrics and imagine what "it could be." One day I will learn to sew. For now I buy fabric, hoard it until my mother in law has time to sew and I ask her to sew them together for baby blankets. Two summers ago she taught me to crochet the edges and it looks so good! It is my favorite baby shower gift! These are two she finished sewing for me. I usually do a different front and back pattern.

This is the pile of material I having waiting to have finished edges on them so I can start the edging.

My favorites are the polka dots and the stripe that matches it. I got enough of that to make two blankets.

But I can't complain that she only got a few finished today because she was also sewing my son's Indian costume for his Thanksgiving Day at school on Friday. She did it with out a pattern and just with what we described to her....that is AMAZING to me! I didn't know even where to start on his costume and bought enough material to make two b/c i KNEW I would have to start over again after I would cut the material wrong or sew something together that wasn't supposed to me.

So today I wasn't all that crafty but I watched an amazing person sew together lots of material for me and a costume that looks great and that my boy is proud to wear.....and actually looks like an Indian (it would have been if-y if I would have had to do it!)

have a great day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute blocks Noe!! :)