Thursday, January 31, 2008
Posted by Noelani at 4:38 PM
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Posted by Noelani at 4:38 PM
Saturday, January 26, 2008
So the funny thing about this card is that it is made with scraps of some wedding thank yous I was asked to make. I totally hated the colors when I was told what they should be but as I played around and came up with this stamp and white paper to play with it was perfect. Now I like this paper and want to make more....it is just white paper stamped with old olive and a papertrey stamp. I am loving it!
Have a great weekend!
Posted by Noelani at 10:07 PM
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Posted by Noelani at 9:12 PM
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Posted by Noelani at 11:18 AM
Monday, January 21, 2008
I'm not sure what's up with the picture of this card. I have tried to fix it and everything but it still looks warped, so I'm sorry for the looks of the picture. But in real life it is not warped and crazy looking.
This is my favorite layout for cards with patterned paper. I love how versatile it is and I can use it for any kind of card. This card also has my favorite line of paper....chatterbox. favorite embellishment......ribbon and favorite stamp line.......papertrey stamps.
Well have a great day and happy crafting!
Posted by Noelani at 12:49 PM
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Posted by Noelani at 4:37 PM
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
How surprised am I to see my name at the end of Debbie's post?! here's a link to her blog: http://dbdesigns.typepad.com/
I know her b/c of the stamping world and through a great friend. And I am so excited to see that she has a blog now!!
I need to add her to my blog list but that could take some time so I'll post and then mess with it this afternoon. So here are the questions to answer.....
1. Name your two favorite scrap booking topics: My family and everyday stuff, like my kids favorites at any given time.
2. What are the two best places you’ve been to? Hawaii and Waterton
3. Name two things you do every day: Love my kids, and check email
4. Tell us two things that everyone pretty much knows about you: my love to be crafty and how messy my scrapbook room always is
5. Two places you wish to visit: Italy and Australia
6. Two things you may not know about me are: I love to dance & I hate mushrooms.
7. Two nicknames you’ve had at some time in your life: Noe, and I can't think of another
8. Name two of your favorite drinks: PEPSI AND PEPSI (but i am learning to love water)
9. What are two interesting (in a good or bad way) jobs you’ve had in your life? The most interesting is a mom another is a day care worker in college
10. What are two things you would like to learn? I would love to learn how to play the piano and to sew
11. What two things would make your scrapping/stamping work space work even better for you? More shelving and a bigger room!
12. What are two of your favorite stamp companies? Papertrey ink and autumn leaves
13. What are your two favorite stamping tools? This week they are my cropidile and my white craft ink (yes it changes weekly if not daily)
14. What are your 2 favorite occasions to make cards for: Birthdays and Thank yous
15. What 2 times are the best for you to get stamping done: Late at night and later
16. What are the last 2 cd's you bought or 2 artists you last downloaded: Wicked soundtrack and Goo Goo Dolls
17. What are your 2 favorite colors: brown and tangerine
18. What are 2 crafting products/tools that you want to try but never have? Nestablitiies and the ribbon curler thing from making memories
19. What is your favorite brand of adhesive? Right now i really like the Duck adhesive in the red container
And now I TAG Jennie Little......
I'll post a card later tonight....i am off for lunch with a great friend and to pick up the carpool kids from school afterwards.
Posted by Noelani at 10:10 AM
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Posted by Noelani at 1:14 PM
Sunday, January 13, 2008
If you give a girl a stamp she‘ll want to make a card…she’ll need an ink pad to go with it.
She will spend hours pouring over colors trying to decide just the right one to buy.
In the end she’ll decide she just can’t choose so she’ll buy them all.
Then she’ll remember she’ll need card stock to match the ink so she’ll quickly add four packs of assorted paper to her list, oh and white, vanilla, black and kraft!Reading about certainly celery, purely pomegranate, pale plum and pumpkin pie will make her hungry so she’ll go to the kitchen for a snack.
While munching on cookies she’ll realize she needs ideas of what to do with the stamp. She’ll go to her computer and google rubber stamping. She’ll find a site called Splitcoaststampers. Wow!! So many techniques and ideas and a gallery that never ends. She’ll spend hours gazing at beautiful cards and projects.
Her eyes will become dry from staring at the computer screen. She’ll go to the bathroom for some drops.
On the way, she’ll pass her family sitting at the kitchen table waiting for dinner. She’ll quickly heat up some leftovers and try to pretend she hadn’t forgotten.
While talking about the days events, her son will bring out the school pictures he had gotten that day.
That will remind her she wanted a digital camera to take pictures of her cards so she can start her own SCS gallery. She’ll convince hubby of all the reasons the “family” needs a new camera. He will finally agree and she’ll head to the store to buy one.
On her way home she’ll pass by Joanns and remember she needs an Ott-Lite to go with the camera she just bought. While shopping for a light she’ll see aisles of paper, punches, embellishments and ribbon.
She’ll pick out a cart full of items but realize they don’t carry THE punch she saw used on a card she saved to her favorites. She’ll return home and go back to Splitcoaststampers to find out where to get THE punch.
Her search will lead her to someone’s blog where she’ll see a Starbucks bottle made into a cute candy container.
That will remind her she has some bottles in the recycling bin so she’ll go to the garage to rescue them from the trash. While in the garage she’ll see her son’s bike which will remind her she needs to buy a new helmet for his birthday.
Thinking about birthdays will remind her she wanted to bake some cupcakes for him to take to school. As she walks to the kitchen she’ll pass by the table and see the stamp.
The stamp will remind her that she wanted to make a card and she’ll probably want some…
Posted by Noelani at 10:05 PM
Posted by Noelani at 9:55 PM
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Posted by Noelani at 2:03 PM
Friday, January 11, 2008
Posted by Noelani at 8:14 PM
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Yep, I am a few days late but I am here. We are having major computer issues in this house so I am blogging while I have a chance. I have no pictures to share as they are "stuck" in the other computer and this one seems to be going in, in the next few days for other issues. I haven't gotten back into the crafty part of my life yet but I have lots of ideas and things I would love to work on.
I hope all is well in the new year and your computers stay happy and healthy (who knew I was so dependant on email and typing!! I miss all my files sooo much!!)
Posted by Noelani at 8:04 PM