Monday, November 12, 2007

Christmas.....Already?

So I was trying to blog about my blocks that I love that I made for the Craft Show.....but I can't get any pictures up so I'll save that for tomorrow.

Christmas! Okay so I am really far behind where I usually am at this time in the year. I have a new position in my church so I am so involved in that and I am just running around trying to keep up with everything else I am doing that I have nothing done. I am starting to stress. I have bought three tiny stocking stuffers for my sister and that is it!!! (Yes I need to use lots of exclamation marks for this.)

I need to get going. I finally started my list today. I have a whole notebook dedicated to the holiday. I started with the easy part--Christmas dinner, Christmas Eve dinner, and Christmas morning breakfast. Food always is easy to figure out. So at least I know what I'll make and what I need to buy for all of that.

Now listing gifts and who we give to this year is different. It all seems very overwhelming when I write down all the names of who we give to this year and realize nothing is purchased and some of them I have no idea what to buy! And then some have to be shipped out so I really have to get on top of it.

Okay just writing it all makes it sound harder. I need to just get moving and get something finished. I think I'll start with neighbor gifts and church people gifts. I have great ideas for those but I need to make one to see if they will work out how I want them too.

So I close this post with......start crafting everyone or time will run out!! I'm sure it will for me!!

And I'll figure out what is wrong so I can post some Pictures tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

AMEN!!!! i am starting to get a bit overwhelmed as well... i am way behind!

i was just talking to a friend today how i need to start making my lists! i will feel better when i do!!

you are the best! you always pull everything off so well!

and.. don't worry about a gift for me! your friendship is the best thing i could ever have!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the reminder to get going!! :)