Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I could make that PARTY!!

So one of the greatest blogs is hosting a "I could make that PARTY!!"




There are already a ton of great Ideas there and I thought I would add a few of my own. Some I shared last year and one is a brand new one I haven't shared here before. I'll start with this one.


About 2 years ago I decided to start making family memories into ornaments., so after a lot of broken glass ornaments I was able to get about 32 of these type of ornaments done. Each one has a picture of something memorable from our family in it, not necessarily Christmas memories. This one is my hubby and 2nd child about 5 years ago. And he is getting his tows dipped into the water off the North shore of Hawaii! Great fun Memories!!!




Now each year I make about 10 more to add to our collection. On the backside I write who when and where...sometime just when and where but I love these!!


This next one I made last year for Christmas gifts for close friends....they are magnetic boards, made with sheet metal from home depot, leftover wood from the garage, leftover black paint from another home project, and marble magnets too. I also used rubons to make each board personalized.





The last one are blocks that have letters on 5 sides and have 15 blocks. I have a "key" that tells you which way to set it out so you can get over 20 different sayings out for the 15 blocks! I love these and sold them at a craft fair last year!

Thanks for looking and hope you got some great ideas!!

13 comments:

Julie said...

oh how cute these ideas are love all of them.
julie

Amy said...

I love the magnet boards. I've been planning on making those for Christmas but never thought about personalizing them. How great is that! I will be totally copying you.

I would love to see the "key" to the blocks. I want to try and make some.

NCJill said...

Oh, I love these crafts! Found your website through Chris through Kimba. I have bookmarked this page to return to.

Could you possibly explain a little more about the magnet boards and how to put them together? I'm not that familiar with sheet metal. Did you cut it yourself? What is the size of your boards? Did you make the magnets yourself? Sorry to be so full of Q's but I need step-by-step or will undoubtly mess it up! :)Thank you bloggy friend.

God Bless,
NCJill

Chris said...

OH my gosh! I can't choose a favorite. These are some awesome ideas! Looks like I'm off to the sheet metal department!

Marcie said...

WOW!! I am so impressed! Would you mind explaining how you made the ornaments? I LOVE love love this idea. I am not crafty at all... but I really want to try this! I'd appreciate any help!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Very cool ornaments!

edeenut said...

I love those metal boards, I think they would be a great Christmas gift. I also enjoyed browsing your blog, you are so talented!!! I will be back for sure.

Unknown said...

I love all your fun ideas! I love the magnet board! How creative

Mindy said...

I love the blocks. Please do share...

OklahomaMomma said...

These are GREAT ideas! I think I'll make a magnet board for my nephew for Christmas.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Thank you! I needed that picture ornament idea. My parents are decorating their tree this year with only pictures of their five children, spouses, and 18 grandchildren...this will be PERFECT!

The Gomez Bunch said...

I am still new to crafting and just got a new place to decorate too and so I'm most interested in the blocks. Can you post, the "key?" I realize that this is something you have sold, but if you don't mind sharing and if it's not too difficult to explain, a lot of people and I would probably really appreciate it!

Krisi and Adam said...

Found you from Just a Girl. LOVE those ornaments would love to know how you made them.