Monday, November 17, 2008

25 Days

Well if you are a follower of Ali Edwards as I am you will know all about that blog title.


Ali does a 25 days of December book. The idea is to make the book in NOvemebr than fill with memories and pictures as it is happening. It is fun to make a book without having the pictures and journaling becuase for me I can think more outside of the box. It will interesting to see who it comes together in the end. This way I think I can spend more time makingmemories instead of scrapping them and working on that side of it. I'll let you know how that plays out in the end.

The hardest part for me was deciding on an album size. I wanted something similar to Ali's size and finally decided to make an album with a cardboard back and acrylic front. It measures about 6X9.


So I am going to get picture heavy on this post and let you see every page as they look now. I am hoping to show it again after the new year when the journaling and pictures have been inserted and it takes on a different look.


And if you want to see Ali's hers it is at


Here is my page by page. Most papers are either making memories, basic gray, or bazzill for the cardstock. the snowflakes are heidi swapp, I don't know who the numbers are by...sorry.


If you notice you can see one page under the next. This is on purpose. I love the layered look. Ali does this alot and this will be my 3rd album this way. It looks really neat in real life and I think adds more visual interest. Plus I always can't wait to turn to the next page becuase I can see one peeking out form underneath.



Page 7 is a pull out envelope. I just added the extra paper on the inside of the envelope for some pictures





Page 10 is a transparency. So it looks like nothing now, but will have a totally different look with pictures and writing on it.






Page 17 is also a tranparency, and The T in "together" got lost when I punched through the paper so that I am still looking for...I hope I can find it!!



page 22 is another transpancey page.




I hope you got some great ideas for your own book! and This has to be my longest blog entry EVER!!
Happy Monday!!

1 comments:

Jennie said...

this is a beautiful book! what a great idea!