Monday, July 7, 2008

Girls Camp Booklet

Well last Thursday I was asked to have my Primary kids put together a small booklet giving the girl encouragement and letting them know of our love for them. So when presented to me they just wanted each kid to draw a picture or write a little note to the girls....well if you know me that wasn't going to work, I can't possibly just staple paper together. So this is what the finished product looks like. I am almost done with all 22 books and the kids had fun drawing and writing their notes to the girls. (a little explanation--yes I am LDS and am currently serving as the Primary President in our ward, primary is for the 3-11 year old children. the girls going to camp are 12-18 and they camp for 4 days with their leaders and other girls from our area).

So each book is a little different since I am using up the supplies I have. The leaders will also each get one, those aren't shown here as they are the ones I am trying to finish up now. Theirs will have a kraft colored base for the cover with patterned paper that is light pink and brown. I don't even know how to start explaining the pattern.

The inside of each book has on the left side a little note from the leaders of the Primary and a matchbook holding a glow in the dark CTR ring (CTR=choose the right). This is a bad picture of the inside of the matchbook but you get the idea.

The right side are the pictures and notes from the primary kids. They are stacked and stapled onto a covered piece of chipboard.

The ribbon runs under the chipboard and letter from the presidency and into the scored middle of the booklet to tie the book closed. I love it and hope the girls will too. These will be given as a "tuck in" gift at night.

Hope everyone had a safe July 4th! We enjoyed a relaxing day at home and fireworks all around us that evening. We were shocked at how many people were shooting off their own fireworks this year!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

these are great! and what a great idea! they turned out so cute!

i am in charge of a evening devotional at our camp next week. we have disney theme... "once upon a dream". the character that night in jiminy cricket and my topic is the holy ghost... not sure exactly what i am going to do yet... any ideas?

McQuivey Family said...

Totally love your idea, and I am going to steal it for this year's camp. Can you tell me where you got your CTR rings?