Tuesday, December 9, 2008

They ARE DONE!


I can finally check "Christmas Cards" off the list....well they aren't officially in the mail seeing as I still need to buy Christmas stamps but they are finished, envelopes are addressed and waiting for that one last thing before they go into the mailbox.

I forced myself to decide on a card last night. The funny thing is that when I was thinking about how our card would look this year I was set on kraft paper (again) and wanted to use this huge snowflake punch I got.

Well I couldn't get it to "look right" so i gave up and made two different cards. One red, gold and a bit of tan with a family picture on the front which I think is great...until I tried adding a "happy holidays" or any other sentiment on it and than the card was a disaster. The other card was cute but I didn't love it. SO it was out too. This process took up a week.

Than last night I sat down and was back to my kraft paper and snowflake and it just all came together. Pocket card with pull out family letter that has pictures on it with some traditional holiday colors (red and green) and no traditional (kraft, pink, lime green) and I love them. At first I added some sparkle to the middle of the snowflakes too pictures and called it good. But as I addresses the envies I couldn't stand the plain look so I did add a silver brad to the middle of the snowflakes.




So onto the next Christmas project!!

2 comments:

Pam said...

They look great!!

Jennie said...

i love them!

i hang it proudly on my door to display to everyone! :)