Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Chocolate and Patterened Paper






A friend asked if I could help her make some of these candy bar pulls she saw on Splitcoast yesterday for a baby shower. I love splitcoast for many reasons one being that they have specfic instructions to make things like this and you don't have to figure it all out again on your own. So following thier instructions it took me less than 5 minutes to create each of these. Since it was so easy I had to make a few extra and am now thinking this would be super easy to do for teacher gifts and classroom gifts for my boys' valentines parties at school. And I love how the ribbon, when pulled brings up the candy bar!
So if you are looking for a way easy craft today here it is.....a 6X 7 inch piece of paper, score it on the 6 inch side at 2 3/4 and 5 1/2 tape two sides shut, punch holes on the open side of the paper insert ribbon thorugh the holes and push a candy bar into the opening (this will rig it so when the ribbon is pulled the candy bar will slide up) tie a bow and you are done!!
I used hershey's candy bars and they are the perfect size!!
Happy chocolate goodness to you all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! What a great idea. I will be CASEing these for sure. Very pretty, Noelani! TFS!

Jennie said...

oh my gosh! i love these! not only do they look yummy! they are beautiful! i love the chocolate and blue!