Thursday, April 3, 2008

Mostly Finished




This is what my family room floor looked like yesterday at this time. I had my two boys helping me bag and sort all the cards I have made so far for our soldiers in Iraq to send home for Mothers Day. The deadline is tomorrow and I have about 66 left to do to meet my self imposed goal of 200.

These are four of the five card styles I made for this project. The last one is the card with the green vine running up the left side with the pink flowers on it.



Tonight I am also having a card party at my church to make hopefully another hundred cards for this too. I made a few card kits so the ladies can just glue stuff together and I am taking other supplies so those feeling crafty will be able to make any other card they want. This is one of the cards I came up with last night.

I know that it isn't the typical mothers day colors but I love chocolate brown and red together! So the sentiment is from SU and the brown paper is cuttlebugged with the textile embossing card. I love that little machine! The sentiment rectangle also has ribbon off the left side but it isn't visible in any of the pictures I took. That same rectangle is also popped off the base of the card. This card looks so much better in real life though....so sorry!
I'll post some more of the cards I came up with tomorrow...I really need to get ready for the card making!!







1 comments:

Jennie said...

wow! very impressive! not only are YOU making 200 cards, but you put kits together for others to make them too!

wow...