Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Years!

Well it is the 3rd day of 2009 and so far I have crafted each day!! Go me!!

I think this will be short lived as we get back on schedule with our lives on Tuesday (the day the boys go back to school) So I am enjoying it as much as I can.


I wanted to show you a last minute gift I made for my brother in law. It is based off a frame I saw on another blog in the past few months. and I knew it would be a perfect Christmas decoration for us and for him. The picture is horrible of the frame but it is the only one i took at 1 am the day before we gave it away. (i still need to make ours) The box in the right hand corner says "he always read us the Christmas story on Christmas eve."


My Father in Law past away 3 years ago in May and he always read his children and his grandchildren the Christmas story from the Bible. It is a memory all of his children treasure. I am so happy I took this picture years ago and packed it away. I remember thinking that it is a horrible picture and I would never use it for anything but I added it to the collection of other pictures I thought I'd never scrapbook and now it is a family treasure. Another reason to never throw out a bad photo.


This was an unfinished shadow box that I painted brown. The colored papers are bazzill and the PP is making memories (i think). The words are stamped with inkadoo letters and i had wrote everything else.

0 comments: