Friday, June 6, 2008

Birthday Cake

So my 2nd ds turned 6 yesterday. For the past few weeks he has asked for a "rocket cake that stands up like it is going into space." A standing cake?? I had no idea where to start. So after some brainstorming and a trip to Micheal's to make sure there was nothing that would make a cake stand up I decided that I would try to stack cupcakes on top of each other and try to get them to stand up with chopsticks (all i had at 11 pm Wednesday night). Well all I ended up with was cupcake all over the kitchen counter. Chopsticks won't hold cupcakes up...for future knowledge...so don't try it at home.


So after an hour of trying a midnight trip to Walmart the only thing I could think of was the rocket cutouts I had in my cupboard at home, leftovers from outer space week at preschool.

So here is what we agreed to Thursday morning....so much easier than a standing up rocket cake!!


Six candles on top, with Six rockets for our six year old son!!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

that is so cute and clever! happy birthday e!

Britain said...

Thank goodness for trying it out the night before, eh? It turned out very cute. Nice work.